Friday, March 2, 2012

I need to sit down.

This was the fastest week ever.  I really don't know where the time goes.  Between cleaning up after kids, playing with them, and feeding them, I don't think I do much else.  We had a really good week though, good balance of play and work, the kids were in great moods and I got a lot done on my sister's baby shower.

In other news, Sydney named the peacock Pittsburg.  Then she had a subsequent baby named Brennan, about 2 days after my sister told her they were naming their (real) baby boy Brennan.

Also the fish tacos were amazing, and the recipe (with a few tweaks, like no tequila) is here: http://itsgoingtobegood.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/fish-taco-heaven/.  They were seriously awesome, mostly due to the cilantro-lime aioli, and the avocado/cilantro/red onion/lime concoction I put up on top of the taco.  I love me some avocado!  I hate frying things though.  As in, I fry things about once a year, hate the way my kitchen smells and hate that I feel like my pores are full of grease after standing over the frying pan.  So next time I'll be tempura-battering the fish and baking it.  I tried blackened fish today in the tacos, and it lacked the CRUNCH.  Mmmm... crunch :).

It's movie night!  We started it about 3 weeks ago on Fridays, and Sydney really looks forward to it now.  Tonight is Hugo, we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather. I have a question about your blog, please email me when you get a chance. HeatherVonSJ(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete